Orthopedic surgery or orthopedics, also spelled orthopaedic[s], is the branch of surgery concerned with conditions involving the musculoskeletal system. Orthopedic surgeons use both surgical and nonsurgical means to treat musculoskeletal trauma, spine diseases, sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors, and congenital disorders.
The Austrian medical specialists have an international reputation of being among the best orthopedists worldwide.
Arthritis and Hip Replacement Surgery
Hip replacement surgery is a procedure in which a doctor surgically removes a painful hip joint with arthritis and replaces it with an artificial joint often made from metal and plastic components. It usually is done when all other treatment options have failed to provide adequate pain relief. The procedure should relieve a painful hip joint, making walking easier.
Knee Replacement Surgery
You can’t move like you used to. It’s painful to walk the dog, climb a flight of stairs, or simply get out of a chair. You’ve tried medicines, injections, and physical therapy. Nothing seems to work. If that’s the case, it could be time to consider knee replacement surgery.
Also known as arthroplasty, knee replacement surgery is one of the most common bone surgeries in the United States. It can help ease the pain caused by severe arthritis. It also may help you move more freely. U.S. doctors perform more than 600,000 knee replacement surgeries each year.
During surgery, an orthopedic surgeon carves away the damaged part of the knee and replaces it with an artificial joint made of metal or plastic. The artificial joint is then attached to the thigh bone, shin, and kneecap with a special material such as acrylic cement.
Osteoarthritis is the main reason why people go for knee replacement surgery. The age-related condition is very common and occurs when cartilage — the cushion between the knee and the bone joints — breaks down.
Doctors treating you in Austria through AT-MED
Prof. Univ. Dr. Christian Singer, obstetrician-gynecologist
Prof. Univ. Dr. Johannes Drach, internist, specialist in haemato-oncology
Prof. Univ. Dr. Schillinger Martin, cardiologist, angiologist
Prof. Univ. Dr. Ulrich Steinhart, obstetrician-gynecologist
Dr. Rainer Kotz, Orthopedics and endoprotection
When you contact AT-MED please keep in mind the following:
- Every medical consultation costs 150 – 300 EUR depending on the doctor’s specialization and the complexity of your medical case.
- Imagery interpretation costs 150 EUR.
- In order to answer your request in maximum 48 hours we need your complete medical record with information about previous interventions, treatments and therapies, smoking habits, allergies as well as important medical information about 1st degree relatives.
- Please send the entire archived file in a single e-mail (to email@example.com). Sending files in multiple e-mails as well as in several Whatsapp conversations slows down the diagnose process.
- For emergencies please call directly at 0786787878, at any hour.