What is a stent implant?
Stent implant is one of the most common cardiovascular interventions that aims to unlock a vein to restore blood flow.
Usually the stents are made of metal, plastic or special materials and can be placed in both small veins and coronary arteries.
During the heart surgery, doctors use a thin, flexible tube that has a balloon at one of the ends (catheter) to which the stent is attached. When the stent reaches were the artery is blocked, the balloon is swollen to compress the plate on the artery wall and to attach the stent. It restores blood flow through the artery, reducing angina pectoris and other symptoms of cardiovascular disease.
During the procedure, the physician may use an imaging technique. called angiography, to guide the stent through the blood vessels.
When is the stent recommended?
The doctor may recommend the implantation of a heart stent to treat heart disease in which the coronary arteries accumulate the atheroma plate, blocking it.
When the atheromatous plaque accumulates in the arteries, it reduces the flow of oxygen for the heart, resulting in chest pain or angina.
Risks of heart stent surgery
Because this surgery is about a heart intervention, complications may occur during or after the procedure.
Possible risks of intervention are:
- Bleeding or bruising where the catheter was inserted into the skin;
- Damages to the blood vessel from the catheter;
- Kidney damage for people with kidney problems;
- Stent heart surgery is also associated with the risk of stroke, but it is a very limited case.
Why choose heart surgery in Austria?
In Austria you will find some of the best specialists and scientists working to treat cardiovascular disease. If your doctor has recommended a stent operation to your heart, choose Austria and the AT-MED team. In Austria, the medical system is easy to access and is based on the principle of equity, respecting the patient, regardless of nationality and financial situation. In addition, physicians use state-of-the-art protocols and technology and are recognized for successful surgical interventions. These are just some of the reasons why Austria is known to be the country’s best health system in the world. Official partner for hospitals and top clinics in Austria.
Doctors treating you in Austria through AT-MED
Prof. Univ. Dr. Christian Singer, obstetrician-gynecologist
Prof. Univ. Dr. Johannes Drach, internist, specialist in haemato-oncology
Prof. Univ. Dr. Schillinger Martin, cardiologist, angiologist
Prof. Univ. Dr. Ulrich Steinhart, obstetrician-gynecologist
Dr. Rainer Kotz, Orthopedics and endoprotection
When you contact AT-MED please keep in mind the following:
- Every medical consultation costs 150 – 300 EUR depending on the doctor’s specialization and the complexity of your medical case.
- Imagery interpretation costs 150 EUR.
- In order to answer your request in maximum 48 hours we need your complete medical record with information about previous interventions, treatments and therapies, smoking habits, allergies as well as important medical information about 1st degree relatives.
- Please send the entire archived file in a single e-mail (to firstname.lastname@example.org). Sending files in multiple e-mails as well as in several Whatsapp conversations slows down the diagnose process.
- For emergencies please call directly at 0786787878, at any hour.