Gastroenterology is the branch of medicine that deals with the treatment of digestive system disorders and its glands, the liver and the pancreas.
Gastroenterologists from Vienna perform a series of procedures using the latest generation of devices and techniques to prevent, diagnose and treat liver, gastrointestinal or cholecystic disorders: stomach cancer, colorectal cancer, stomach cancer, colon cancer, etc.
The main endo-gastro diseases treated in Vienna
Stomach cancer occurs when the cells that form the stomach inner lining multiply uncontrollably and develop into a tumor. Also called gastric cancer, stomach cancer develops slowly over many years.
For the stomach cancer surgical treatment, the doctor removes some of the stomach and nearby tissues that have cancer cells. Stomach cancer surgery removes tumors and stops the spread of cancer to other parts of the body. If stomach cancer is at an advanced stage, the doctor may remove entirely the stomach.
Colorectal cancer occurs when the cells that embed the inner lining of the rectum and colon begin uncontrollably to multiply and suffer malignant transformations.
Colorectal cancer is ranked second as death rate by cancer, but if it is detected early, it can be treated and healed.
Surgical treatment of colon cancer can be used to remove cancer cells that have spread to other organs in the body. The type of surgery chosen depends on the stage of the disease:
- Colonoscopy removal of a polypos using the colonoscope;
- Laparoscopy – removal of the tumor and a portion of the colon;
- Open surgery – With the tumor removed and healthy portions of the colon or rectum.
Doctors treating you in Austria through AT-MED
Prof. Univ. Dr. Christian Singer, obstetrician-gynecologist
Prof. Univ. Dr. Johannes Drach, internist, specialist in haemato-oncology
Prof. Univ. Dr. Schillinger Martin, cardiologist, angiologist
Prof. Univ. Dr. Ulrich Steinhart, obstetrician-gynecologist
Dr. Rainer Kotz, Orthopedics and endoprotection
When you contact AT-MED please keep in mind the following:
- Every medical consultation costs 150 – 300 EUR depending on the doctor’s specialization and the complexity of your medical case.
- Imagery interpretation costs 150 EUR.
- In order to answer your request in maximum 48 hours we need your complete medical record with information about previous interventions, treatments and therapies, smoking habits, allergies as well as important medical information about 1st degree relatives.
- Please send the entire archived file in a single e-mail (to email@example.com). Sending files in multiple e-mails as well as in several Whatsapp conversations slows down the diagnose process.
- For emergencies please call directly at 0786787878, at any hour.